Food Styling Workshop 18th March 2017 - Beeston, Nottingham
Date: Saturday 18th March 2017 Time: 10am-4pm
Location: The Flour Mill Studio, 2 Upper Floor Derby Street, Beeston NG9 2LG
Price: £150 (includes lunch and refreshments)
Event capacity: 8
Our food styling workshop offers you the chance to shoot your food (or foodie products) in a beautiful, naturally lit studio space on your own camera (or phone) with our stylists and photographer on hand to help and advise.
As well as a big selection of handcrafted backgrounds to work on we will bring seasonal props, magical tools and our styling know-how to pass on to you the industry tips and tricks that help create brilliant food images.
Also included in the price is our Food Styling Handbook so that you can learn (or recap on) how to plan and style your food shoot. Whether you are snapping your bakes for your website, healthy recipes for a blog or content for your Instagram feed this day will provide you with some stunning shots on our unique backgrounds, plus tricks of the trade to take forward in your food styling and photography.
The pace of the day will be dictated by you - if you are happy to work on your own (with help on hand) you can use up to 6 backgrounds and will get lots of beautiful images to play with. If you want to take things slower or need more support from us we will be happy to help you select props and compose your shots and get the best from your camera.
Important: you must be confident using your own camera/phone in natural light - our photographer is on hand to help and advise but not to take shots or set up lighting on this occasion. A laptop to connect to to view your images and a tripod to mount your camera/phone allowing you to compose your shot in live view would be very beneficial as well.
What's included for each attendee:
- Up to 6 backgrounds to style on throughout the day
- Extra seasonal props to borrow
- Our food styling kit and bag of tricks will be available for you to try out and master with our help
- Help and advice on hand from a professional food stylist, prop stylist and photographer
- Lunch (plus refreshments throughout the day)
- FREE Food Styling Handbook worth £40 which will help you plan your theme and shoot to get the most out of the day
- 20% discount on any background board orders taken and paid for on the day
- A special food styling goodie bag to take home
What do you need to do?
- Book now! Spaces are limited and we can only run these workshops a few times each year.
- Get comfy with your camera/phone plus your photography editing suite or apps
- Use our Food Styling handbook to hone your signature style, plan your shoot and clarify your objectives for the day. This will be emailed to you on receipt of payment.
Once we have received your booking we will email you for details of your food and styling ideas so that we can plan the space, kitchen and prop requirements.
On the day you will need to bring-
- camera/phone - with lots of memory space and fully charged with spare batteries/charger cable
- food/products as ready to shoot as possible (we will discuss this with you after receiving your info)
- tabletop props
- wet wipes/kitchen roll/teatowels etc to clean/polish props (there is a small kitchen at the studio but to keep it free for use we ask that you clean up as much as possible at your work area)
- your styling kit (advice on what to include in the Food Styling Handbook)
- change to park in the carpark opposite the studio!
- tripod, laptop and cable (optional but very desirable!)
Tom Cockerill - Michelin trained chef | food stylist | food writer
Sophie Purser - stylist | art director | digital marketer
Sian Hallam-Davis - commercial & food photographer | art director | studio director
You may also be interested in these workshops/events-
- COMING SOON! Food Photography Workshop - learn how to use your camera and lenses to get the best out of your food photography. £250. More structured than the food styling workshop with an emphasis on photography techniques and lighting set ups.